“It’s Time to Play” at the 2010 Dream GalaWashington Nationals Dream Foundation Hosts Annual Fundraiser
Washington, D.C., April 4, 2010 - On Saturday, May 8, the entire Washington Nationals organization will come together for the biggest fundraising event of the year: the fifth annual Dream Gala. Hosted by the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation, this year’s event focuses on the theme “It’s Time to Play!” and will capture the excitement of the new season by replicating the game-day experience fans have come to love and cherish.
“The Dream Gala is a celebration of the team’s commitment to the local community,” Dream Foundation Chair Marla Lerner Tanenbaum said. “By focusing on education, health and recreation, this Foundation makes dreams come true and improves the lives of children and families throughout the city.“
Held at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center at National Harbor, the Gala begins at 7:00pm with a cocktail reception and silent auction, followed by a dinner program and live auction at 8:00pm. MASN analysts Johnny Holliday and Rob Dibble will serve as emcees for the night’s festivities, which include a ceremonial first pitch and rousing President’s Race, while Nationals players, coaches and executives will be in attendance to mingle with guests.
All proceeds from the Gala will benefit the initiatives of the Foundation, which include the following cornerstone programs:
- The creation of a Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, in partnership with the DC Government, to teach the game of baseball and provide after-school educational programs for children in the District.
- The creation of the Washington Nationals Pediatric Diabetes Care Complex at Children’s National Medical Center, which would provide a multi-disciplinary approach to supporting families of children with diabetes.
- The Neighborhood Initiative, which provides grants, in-kind donations and additional resources to support non-profit organizations dedicated to working to improve our community around Nationals Park including the Earth Conservation Corps and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington among numerous others.
* For more information on the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation, visit WashingtonNationalsDreamFoundation.org*
WHEN: Saturday, May 8
7:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception and Silent Auction
8:00 p.m. Dinner Program, Live Auction & Dancing
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront St, National Harbor, Maryland
* NOTE: Media will need to RSVP via email to Joanna Comfort to attend the red carpet and cocktail reception.